Tuesday, October 7, 2008

He's Calling!


We finally finished our Emmaus Walk this past Saturday! Since we were interrupted by Hurricane Ike's leftovers, we had to get out of the woods and postpone the last couple of hours. It was awesome to go back and see everyone, and I was back in the spirit of the original weekend within minutes! It was awesome!

Listening to some of the others share, one statement really stuck with me. He said, "God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called."

Some of you out there don't want to hear that because you have felt Him pulling you to do something you don't want to do, and your favorite excuse has been, "I will study for a while longer, and when I know enough, He will let me know." Nope. When God calls you, you go! That's it! He will provide you with what you need, but only after you have submitted to His will. If you are insistent on waiting until you are ready, the call will go forever unheeded! One of my favorite praise songs is "Come ye sinners," and there is a statement in it that resonates through me EVERY single time I hear it. It is, "If you tarry 'til you're better, you'll never come at all." WOW!

Friends, we are sent by God into the world to SAVE (eternal) LIVES! It doesn't matter what excuse you are using, STOP! Get up and do something for God instead of waiting for Him to do something for you! For most of us, I know we are afraid that we are not good/smart/confident enough to do God's work, and I pray that we can always remember, "God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called."