Tuesday, October 9, 2007

How does that Nike slogan go?

I really don't know where to go with this bloggin thing...I guess I will just talk about what comes to mind.

I was just talking to Dawn, my beautiful wife, about this Sunday. We, the THRIVE band, have been invited to perform at Georgetown Christian Church! Talk about psyched! It is awesome that they were so impressed by us that they want us to be special guests. I mean, most of us are brand new musicians. Playing music for the Lord really gets my blood flowing!!! Turns out that we, along with Stephanie, have been asked to perform at another event sometime within the next few weeks, and we get to perform "The Reason" again. That is gonna be great!!! It is amazing that God is opening doors for us as a group, and I am truly thankful.

I want to thank all of you who commented about yesterday's post. I don't share my feelings a whole lot, but I think the time has come for me to start doing so. It seems that for a long time, I have acted like the world owes me something. I have even taught about people who put on the Christian face when around certain people, but change that when around others. The irony is, it seems that I was one of the very people I was trying to teach against. I really want to thank you, Chad. You said something Sunday that really smacked me in the face! I am gonna paraphrase what you said. You said that if we have a scheduled sin, something we know we are going to do, that we should not take communion. That is the first day since my baptism 2-1/2 years ago that I purposefully did not accept the elements, and it HURT! It is nice to know that this Sunday, I can have communion with a clean conscience. I guess in all this rambling, I want to say to anyone who is struggling out there...IF YOU WANT TO GET AWAY FROM A CERTAIN SIN, DO IT!!!! STOP TALKING ABOUT IT, MAKING EXCUSES FOR IT, WHINING ABOUT IT, AND JUST DO IT!!!! I wish I had followed that advice sooner, but hey...Better late than never!

Thanks for reading my thoughts, and for those who did not quite get the Doogie reference from my last post, he always sat down at the computer and typed his thoughts at the end of each episode...

Shalom to All!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Ahhhh! I remember that! Doogie Houser MD, the original blogger!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya about being psyched about all this playing we are getting to do. Even though I'm new to it, it's great getting up there with you and the rest of the band sharing our talents with everyone.

Rebecca Jo said...

Our little GCC/Thrive Band is ROCKING! (Banging head as I say that!)

And yes, the message hit us as well this past Sunday - put the Lord's Supper back into perspective - huh? Good Stuff!

Joe Rollins said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings Junior. It's a pleasure to get to know you better. As brothers in Christ I feel like I need to get to know you better and this is the perfect way to do so. I don't know if you know it yet but seeing your blog yesterday inspired me to start my own as well. So you'll have to check it out sometime.

Jeremy said...

Thanks for being real man. I used to find it hard not to live in what I had described as living in a threee ring circus several years ago. In one ring of my lif I acted a certian way, and in two other rings, similar, but all together different. and while I dont always do as I sholud now with practice and persistance I feel like I am getting a handle on things. Keeping Christian friends close to me and in the loop on battels I am facing really helps.