Friday, October 19, 2007

Fellowship

Tonight, we had an open house at Sacred Grounds for the church youth. We don't really do a whole lot for this, just kind of hang out and play games and stuff. I know it doesn't sound really exciting, but what a fantastic time! I love getting a chance to hang out and talk with our youth coaches. You would think that being partners in what we do, we would all be close friends, but it really doesn't happen like that. It is nights like tonight that really make me see the love we all have for one another and the mission we have teaching our youth!

I look back at the last year, and I am amazed at how much we all have grown in the Lord! We didn't really have a clue what we were doing when our leader left, but we were thrust into positions that we had to deal with. I have to say that we have definitely proven that we are a great team, and that whatever the obstacle, we will overcome. I am honored to be associated with each and every one of them.

Jeremy is really coming into his role as our leader, and it makes me proud to see how much he has grown since I join in this ministry.

Amy is always so grounded and easy to talk to! I always know that if I or any of the youth have any problems or personal concerns, she will lend an ear and any help she can.

Angelique is always gonna be our conservative conscience and mother figure. The love she showers the group with each week is overwhelming, and for that, I will be eternally grateful. I am one who is sometimes quick to decide, and if I am too rash, she will not hesitate to slow me down. Thanks for keeping us in check!

The amount of work the Lord has done with Mike is a true testimony to God's power. When I first met him, he was really introverted and not very confident about teaching. He is still a little apprehensive about teaching because he feels that he isn't as strong as the others, but I strongly disagree with this! He has come out of his shell with the students as well as with the other coaches, and I think that when he relaxes and just shares what he has lived and learned, he will be great. I have seen a complete 180 with him, and I am privileged to call him a friend. I am so glad that he has stuck with us through the rough times!

As for me, I have had my ups and downs with this ministry. When I first started, I really loved to teach, then Satan realized this and attacked. For a while, I didn't even want spend the time to do anything...It was all about me. I was struggling at home and church. Personally and spiritually. However, I am glad God got me through the rough patch. I finally taught again, and it was truly exhilarating! I don't know everything, but it is so fun to learn about a topic or person then teach it to the youth. I forgot how much I enjoyed doing the Lord's work, and feel ashamed that I pushed away for so long. I know that the war isn't over, but it is nice to know that with the help of my true friends and loved ones, this battle was a victory. Thanks everyone for helping me through all of the garbage, and I hope that each of you know...I AM HERE FOR YOU, TOO!

2 comments:

Joe Rollins said...

It sounds like you guys had a blast! I feel the same way as you as far as when this whole thing first started out but I am so thankful that we've all come through so many things and we are all still doing the Lord's work. That is so awesome!

Jennifer said...

That's cool that you can see the benefit of many differnet qualities in the different leaders coming together for the good of the common cause. I heard a quote recently that stated something like, "Far too often people overestimate what they can do in the short-term, and UNDERESTIMATE what they can do in the long term." You guys just keep sticking together and rockin' on! I know you guys have something special and God can and will do great things through that ministry.