Saturday, October 13, 2007

"Junior the Revelator"

Sorry I ended so abruptly the other night and for not finishing up last night...We didn't get home until real late, and I really wanted to do this story properly. So, without further adieu...Here is the conclusion:

I would visit my aunt and uncle every week or so, and if I ever got caught alone by my uncle, it was on! He would start asking questions about what I was into, and from there he would grab his Bible and start talking. Usually, it was an hour of me going "Oh yeah?" or "Really?" In retrospect, I can really see where the Holy Spirit was at work in that man, and still is to this day. Man, do we have some good conversations!!!

It was from his house that I was coming from one day, and I remember that I was on 64W right at the McAlpine Locks...For those of you who don't know where that is, it is where that big blue bridge is that raises straight up in the air. I remember being there on the road, and God actually revealed Himself to me! Not physically in the car, but you will see what I mean. I know I sound crazy to say something like that in the 21st century, but that doesn't make it any less true. I remember feeling really warm and having this bright and blinding white light in my mind. It is here where God finally brought understanding to the meaning of the "Perfect Sacrifice." See, I had heard most of the stories from the Bible, and I just thought of them as fairy tales. I never understood why people called Jesus the perfect sacrifice, or why there was a need for a sacrifice in the first place. During this revelation from God, He showed me that the Jews had all of these different sacrifices for different sins, and that with the sacrifice of the sinless Jesus, there was no need for anymore of the sacrifices of the "law." I GOT IT! And, all while driving in Kentucky! LOL...It is a miracle in itself that I didn't crash. It sounds like a drawn out ordeal, but it happened in just a split-second. You can't tell me that our God isn't an AWESOME God!

Right there, I picked up the phone, and called a friend who I knew was a believer, and told him what happened and that I needed to be baptized that Sunday, which would have been two days later. He said, "Why wait?" So, we met in Greenville the next day, and along with two other believers, we went to Indian Creek near twin bridges and I was baptized in to the Love of Christ! That was April 30, 2005, and let me tell you, it was cold in that water, but I am so thankful for God giving me another chance at the life He meant for me.

If you are reading this, and are thinking that there is no way God would forgive you for the things you have done, STOP! I have been there, and believe me, HE WILL! If you have the need to talk about your beliefs or questions about how to ask Him for forgiveness, email me at nine99teen@yahoo.com, and I will send you my phone number so we can talk. I would love the opportunity to sit and show you the love that God has shown me in the last two and a half years. You will be floored by the change he has done in my life, and more so by the change He can do in your own.

Well, that is how I became a Christ-follower. When I read it, it is a little hard to believe, but that is how it happened. It seems that I have to be constantly reminded what God has done to me, and I want to thank Chad for bringing this blogging thing to GCC. It really has made me take a long look inside, and I have needed to do that for a while now. Chad, you have started a snowball with this thing, and it looks like the whole dang congregation is gonna be on here before it's over with! LOL...

2 comments:

Chad Doerr said...

Thanks for sharing your heart. I love to hear stories like that.

Rebecca Jo said...

Thanks for sharing your story - its very inspiring! Its not always easy to open up like that - so thank you for doing so! You are an amazing man of God!