Thursday, June 19, 2008

Duplication

I just posted the following on the GCC Sacred Grounds blog, but I wanted to put it on here in case some of you don't check that one out:

YOUNG PEOPLE

If you missed the lesson last night, Angelique delivered one of the best and most profound messages I have heard in a while. Thank you Angelique!

However, what most impressed me most on the night was Rachel Manias' comments toward the end of the class. She issued a challenge to all of the students in our program to not just come to class and service once a week, but to actually live your faith. I can't stress enough how right she is! It is one thing to come to church and play the role, but it is another to live that role everyday in our lives. We can all learn something from that, adult leaders included. I, for one, had one of those "ouch" moments when I realized that I haven't been doing this the way Jesus intends me to!!! Thank you Rachel for putting the call out...We adult leaders put things out like that every once in a while, but I feel that hearing it from a peer will strike more of a chord with our students, and I thank you for having the courage to express your feelings with such passion and sincerity!

May God bless you all!

1 comment:

Joe Rollins said...

Angelique did do a good job and I'm like you, I think Rachel's comments made it even more powerful. It's great to see the movement of Christ in other people's lives!