Monday, July 14, 2008

Gen. 2:24 "...and they will become one flesh."

My friend Joe Rollins, no relation to Henry, posted a blog today about his wife being a woman of NOBLE CHARACTER. He referenced Proverbs 12:4 where it says that a wife of noble character is the crown of a husband, and he ended his blog with this:

Do you see your wife as the crown she truly is?

I feel that I don't thank my wife enough for who she is and what she does! Noble is defined as an exalted moral or mental character or excellence, and I think Dawn has always striven for this (even as a non-Christian). I remember discussing the Gospel with her before she accepted Jesus, and it was fairly difficult because she didn't realize that she needed forgiveness because she had always tried to live a "good" life. Fortunately, Jesus gave me the words and actions to show her where she was mistaken, and she became a true follower.

John Calvin, in referring to Jesus coming to earth as a human being, says that He accommodated us. Calvin is talking about how Jesus chose not to avail himself of some of His divinity while He was here for our sake. He humbled himself!

I see this in my wife as well. When out with the kids, she doesn't walk as fast as she can, but chooses to slow down so the kids can keep up. She accommodates them. She gets up with me in the mornings and makes my lunch for me. She accommodates me. She has chosen to stay home and forgo a career of some sort to take care of our family. She accommodates us.

So, to answer Joe's question: I think I have always seen her that way, but I have failed miserably to let her know that! Thanks for opening my eyes Joe!

I LOVE YOU DAWN!!!

3 comments:

Joe Rollins said...

I love the way our posts fit together and compliment each other. Thanks for taking it a step further and sharing your feelings.

Our wives are the biggest blessings God gives us aside from salvation through Jesus Christ.

Do we serve a great God or what?

Rebecca Jo said...

you guys are killing me today....too sweet!

Anonymous said...

Awesome.
Ang