Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My Camouflaged Sin



Have you ever had a great idea? You know, the kind that immediately puts you in the best mood ever. I have, too. How would you feel if you shared that idea with someone, and they moved forward with it as if it were their own? Would you be angry? Would you feel betrayed?

That actually happened to me, and I felt both of those emotions simultaneously. I was enraged! Why? Because I was proud of my idea. Lately, it seems that I have become proud of a lot of things, and that is not good! If you know me at all, you know that I like to study the Word, and learn as much as I can. I don't see anything wrong with that, but I seem to have removed my focus from Jesus. I have put my focus into learning as much as possible for the wrong reason (ME).

I have elevated knowledge in my life to the point where it is an idol and object of my pride!

I want to use this blog to repent to all of you! I have asked for forgiveness from Jesus, and I am refocusing my life and priorities! I am sorry if my pride and arrogance has offended anyone or pushed anyone away. Please forgive me.

It's tough being human, and I challenge everyone out there to look inward and see if just maybe there is a camouflaged sin in there somewhere that needs to be taken care of.

1 comment:

Joe Rollins said...

Wow man, great post! I really appreciate your honesty and not that you've ever offended me in any way, I would just like to say that I forgive you. I know it is easy to fall into the "pride trap" and it takes a big person (one who sees the bigger picture) to admit when they feel they are wrong.

It takes guts and a pure heart to do what you just did and for that I commend you brother!